Happy Earth Day from K & J Trucking! While there are tons of events held worldwide to celebrate our planet today, we want to celebrate in our own way by highlighting our new truck solar panels and how they are helping protect the environment, save on equipment costs, and decrease driver downtimes.
The trucking industry has done a lot to assist environmental protection causes in recent years. Some changes have been mandatory, and admittedly can be frustrating and expensive; however, some ideas are voluntary and really do provide a winning solution. These innovations are helping trucking companies protect the environment, save on equipment costs, and decrease driver downtimes.
The Future Is Bright with Solar!
At K & J Trucking we recently invested in solar panels for trucks in our fleet. These ThermoLite Solar Panels designed by Thermo King have tons of great benefits such as:
- Increasing truck battery life. Because they provide a continuous trickle charge to truck or refrigerated trailer units, they prolong the battery life by 40-200%!
- Fuel savings. Solar panels reduce runtime associated with cycle sentry charging and alternator and engine offloading.
- Fewer batteries in landfills.
- Fewer batteries on expense reports.
- Less downtime due to battery maintenance.
- More road time for drivers.
See The ThermoLite Solar Charging System In Action!
We love technology! Learn more about what makes K & J Trucking a great company by clicking below. We are always looking for new drivers and contracts around Sioux Falls, SD and Guymon, OK.
Ready to learn even more about our fleet?
We looked up the top 100 questions that trucking recruits are asking, and instead of just preparing quick answers, we thought through each question honestly. We want you to feel confident when you choose K & J Trucking. If you're looking for a place to call home, click the Apply Now button and let us start the conversation.